The Flying Pickers Foraging Guide
Available in: eBook format
Living Fruitfully is the perfect guidebook for those of you beginning your foraging adventures. With over 30 varieties of plants and some simple wild food recipes to enjoy, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this guide. Each chapter is designed to offer you the very best foraging advice and tips so that you can make the most of your next outing.
From planning your picking adventures, discovering the best and safest plants to forage and making sure that you have everything you need to get started.
In the book you will find some handy hints, some packing advice, various kinds of fruit and plants and travel tips if you are planning a foraging excursion abroad.
- This is a great experience for all ages. Have fun and take lots of photos
- Each type of fruit requires a different picking technique to ensure you don’t damage it. For example, apples require you to twist and pull, while cherries are picked from the stems.
- Bring a bag and a pair of gloves.
- Be prepared to get dirty and don’t be afraid of the thorns.
- Health and safety comes first, if you are not sure then don’t pick. Although tasty berries and plants are plentiful so are the poisonous kinds.
- Discover pick your own farms in Canada and Australia. The farm staff is very knowledgeable about picking, fruit, and orchards.
- Make sure that you only pick when the different fruit and plants are in season. This varies and we can help to answer any questions you may have.
- When fruit is ripe it easily comes off the tree branch; if it’s hard to pull off it’s not ready.
- There can seem like an endless supply of fruits in high season. Your eyes are often bigger than your stomach. Only pick what you plan to use.
Make the most of your foraging experience with this easy to read foraging guide.