Become a Picker
By becoming a flying picker you are supporting the worldwide fruit picking community. We aim to build the largest International community of fruit pickers and wild food enthusiasts. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the community, learn about the fruit farms, learn about the fruit produce, learn to live more sustainably and help support campaigns that inspire action to conserve our most precious environment.
The Flying Pickers wants to help you to discover more about foraging in your local environments. We want to connect with farmers, wild food producers, fruit lovers and nature enthusiasts from around the world.
Our main aim is to protect, preserve, pick and promote fruit around the world. We recognise how important fruit production and adopting sustainable living practices is to the future of our food intake and migration to more environmentally friendly eating habits. To help with this we educate the public about the wild plant species and fruity goodness available throughout the world.
We wish to engage with local people passionate about the fruits and plants of their regions.. Together we will create sustainable landscapes and promote sustainable travel.
Why should I join?
- Switch to a greener lifestyle.
- Access to fruit farms and the picking community.
- Find your picking community.
- Be part of a community supporting and promoting sustainable living.
- Opportunity to learn about sustainable living practices, pomology and fruit growing techniques.
- Become a picker.
- Access to all content, research and ebooks related to the foraging communities from around the world.
- Learn how to grow your own produce.
- Members’ only research and publications.
- 20% discount on all of the Flying Picking Tours.
- Member only discounts and Pick Your Own tips.
- Free copy of our quarterly newsletter that keeps you up to date with sustainable lifestyle tips.
- Opportunities to meet and interact with other fruit growers and pickers.
- Opportunities to support our vision and campaigns.
Campaign with Us
- Make a difference
- Have common goals and objectives related to fruit production policies
- Develop best practice solutions to tackle fruit production issues
- Support reforestation
- Save our conservation zones
- Stop overfishing